VeganMoFo

Monday 22 September 2014

Liebster award!



So, yesterday I got nominated for a Liebster award by Julie from  my apologies for the novel
Admittedly I'd not heard of this before but I'm going to take part because it sounds fun and I'd rather do this than actual work.  

 Here's what you do when you get nominated for the Liebster Award:
1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
3. No tag backs.
4. Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.


1. When is your “veganniversary”/the date you went vegan? (Or if, like me, you don't remember the exact date, have you chosen a day on which to celebrate your veganniversary?) 
To be honest, I'm not sure, I think I've been vegan for about 3 and a half years, and vegetarian for 15 years before that. I was 10 when I decided to give up meat.
2. What's your best quality?
I have a kind heart.

3. What is your most-used kitchen tool/utensil? 
Other than a knife, my Kenwood mini chopper, it's the bomb.
4. Do you share your life with any animals? (If so, tell us a bit about them.) 

I live with a 4 year old pug named Pedro, and an 18 month old chihuahua, Phoebe. Pedro is totally batshit crazy and hilarious but also has a really soft, affectionate side. Like when I cry he nuzzles his head on to my lap and gazes up at me to make me feel better. Phoebe is quiet and well behaved and just loves to cuddle. She's ridiculously cute. They're both snuggle monsters and I couldn't live without them.
5. If you could open a sanctuary, what would be the first type of animal you would rescue? 

Capybaras! I love capybaras, they're the world's biggest rodents. They just mooch about all day being a grumpus and give lifts to other animals on their backs.
6. Do you prefer your pizza hot and fresh, or cold as leftovers the next day? 

I don't mind cold pizza but it has to be hot, really.
7. What is your favorite type of tea? 

English breakfast tea. It has to be Yorkshire gold.
8. What's one food/meal that you thought you'd never have again once you went vegan, only to find out later that there is a vegan version of it? 

Egg mayo. I used to love egg mayo baguettes as a vegetarian and didn't think I'd ever get that taste again, but if you mash tofu or broad beans with black salt, pepper and vegan mayo, you have the taste of egg mayo. Hoorah.
9. What would be your “catch phrase?” (What is your favorite phrase and/or what is the phrase you say most often?) 

Take care.
10. What's your go-to dish to bring to a vegan potluck?  

I've never been to a vegan potluck as I don't have any vegan friends (sob) but it'd probably be my garlicky potato salad. 

No pressure to answer the questions; if I nominated you, I already think you are awesome! (Also, if another blog nominated you before I did, don't worry about answering my questions in addition to theirs.)  

My nominations are:
Caeli at little vegan bear
Nicole at vegan nom noms 
Bonnie at eating with the rabbits
Imogen Michel at Imogen Michel 
Loz at In rad taste 
Emma at Walks, talks and eats 
Lisa at Down right vegan 

I'm working on the eighth one.

And my questions for you lovely ladies are:
1. If you could bring any one animal back from extinction, what would it be?
2. What would you say is the dish you cook most often?
3. If a zombie apocalypse was imminent and you could only take 5 store cupboard staples in your bag before fleeing, what would they be?

4. Tell me about your favourite restaurant, and your favourite dish there.
5. Are you a cat or a dog person?
6. What animal do you think you are most like in personality?
7. What new ingredients have you discovered that you love since going vegan?
8. What are your favourite resources for getting inspiration for vegan food?
9. What has been your biggest fail in vegan cooking and have you managed to resolve said fail?
10. Do you have a non-vegan childhood favourite food that you have managed to re-create to be sfv?

Let me know if you took part so I can read your answers by commenting on this post :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I want to visit your capybara sanctuary! Your dogs sound super sweet as well. :)
    And thanks so much for the tag. Like I said on Julie's post, I'm usually really bad at answering these kinds of things (don't know why, just indecisiveness maybe!) but you do have fun questions. Maybe I'll try to work it into a MoFo post later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I loved reading your answers & you came up with great questions for your nominees! :)

    ReplyDelete